I know this is a scary time for our health and finances, so I wanted to start putting together a few ideas of where you can look for work & additional income if you’ve lost your job. If you have more ideas, I’d love to add them to the list, so just comment them below. Let’s help each other out during this crazy time.
Types of companies that are doing well during coronavirus
- Grocery stores
- Food delivery
- Necessities: toothpaste, shampoos, toilet paper etc.
- Discount stores (Walmart etc)
- Cosmetics (historically this industry does well during economic downturns)
Restaurant Job Alternatives During Social Distancing
- Become a Shipt shopper.
- Shop for Instacart
- Work as a Grubhub Driver
- Amazon is hiring drivers, shoppers & warehouse staff
- KFC is hiring contactless delivery drivers (& other positions)
- Pizza Hut is hiring contactless delivery drivers (& other positions)
- Dominoes is hiring contactless delivery drivers (& other positions)
- Delivery person for taskrabbit
- Grocery Stores are hiring about every position
Online Jobs for Teachers \ Educational Ideas
- Teach English with VIPkids
- Teach a class for Outschool
- Teach a class on Skillshare (there are tons of other places to do this, too!)
- Tutor with Tutor.com
- Create your own online course & sell it yourself
Business & Tech Jobs Hiring Now
- Slack is hiring
- Zoom is hiring
- Microsoft is hiring
- Flexjobs – accountants, marketing, account managers etc.
Online Work for Freelancers
- Upwork – admin, marketing, design, web dev, etc. (I use this normally!)
- Fiverr – voice overs, translations, design etc.
- 99designs – logos, websites, book covers etc.
- PeoplePerHour – blog writing, translations, album covers, VAs etc.
- Facebook groups! (Join a group based on your industry & connect with people)
Again, I would love to add to this list so let me know if you can think of any ideas! PS, if you’re looking for ideas on how to fill your time at home you can check out this post.