In the past, one of the main reasons I didn’t stick to my New Year’s resolutions is because my life was not rooted in discipline and routine. These 5 staples kicked my morning routine into gear and set a healthy precedent for the rest of my day… and life.
1. Wake up 15 minutes earlier. Getting your day started off on the right foot puts you in a productive mood. When I’m rushed in the morning I start my workday frazzled and unorganized.
2. Start with Jesus. Though it seems like an obvious thing to do, it can be hard to get into the habit of reading the Bible daily. If you’re not already in the routine, it can seem daunting… but once you do, it is a total game changer. Taking time to pursue God is the most important thing. The rest of your life follows when your foundation is set. Try reading a Proverb a day. Luckily there are 31 Proverbs, so there’s one for every day of the month! Another great way to get in the word is by using the She Reads Truth App! I love how easy and relatable it is. (Shout out to my amazing small group for the introduction to it!)
3. Work it out. Taking care of your body affects your mindset. Even if it’s 5 minutes of stretching, you’ll start the day feeling better and that makes a huge difference for your mental state throughout the day.
4. Eat a healthy breakfast. Try yogurt and granola, steel cut oats & apples, or avocado & whole wheat toast! I used to NEVER eat breakfast because I would rather sleep in an extra few minutes… but it’s SO not worth it. You’ll feel like you’re starving by 10AM and then overeat when you finally get to lunch. Fill your body with energy at the beginning of the day with healthy choices.
5. Begin with gratitude. No matter the situation you are in, God has blessed you immensely. The small things won’t bother you as much when you’re starting with a mind full of gratitude for all of the things God has already given you. Savor every moment.
Until next time,